AST-1 Advanced Sparker Downhole Source
The Advanced Sparker Tool (AST) has been developed to provide a high energy and repeatable downhole seismic source. Primary use of the AST would be with seismic sensors deployed in an adjacent well or wells to provide cross well imaging or sensor orientation of fracture monitoring instrumentation.
When the AST is deployed with the GeochainTM system it will be possible to provide single well imaging. With a low power requirement of a 100W and high energy output of 1000J the AST is a versatile downhole seismic source which can be deployed in various configurations.
- Peak Power 1000 Joules/Shot
- 20s Firing Interval
- Output Signal 10 – 4000Hz-Omni Directional
- 3” (76.2mm) Diameter
- Automatic or Triggered Firing
- 302°F (150°C) Temperature Rating
- 10,000 PSI Pressure Rating
- Monocable or 7 conductor wireline
- Deployed with GeochainTM System or standalone operation
- Repeatable energy pulse
- Firing T/B transmitted to surface
- Operation in any type of conductive well fluid
- Built in safety protection
To operate the Advanced Sparker Tool, DC power is supplied to the High Voltage Power Supply Unit (HVPSU). The DC power can be supplied by the GeochainTM system or, if run independently, directly from the surface.
The downhole HVPSU charges a bank of capacitors to a high voltage. When the critical voltage has been reached the energy is switched to the electrode via a gas discharge switch, generating a spark and creating a high energy output pulse. The unit can be programmed to fire at a constant rate, or it can be triggered remotely.
|Power consumption:||100 watts|
|Electrode life:||>5000 shots|
|Pressure:||10,000 psi (700 bar)|
|Firing interval:||20 seconds|
|Wireline:||Mono or hepta|